Cet événement se déroulera en anglais dans le cadre du World Investment Forum 2014 / Investing in Sustainable Development
Geneva is set on becoming a centre of excellence for clean technology by 2020, building on the input of established foreign investors such as Dupont, ABB, SunPower Systems; public commitment and institutional support for start-ups; specialized finance institutions; world-class technical research and development and training centres, such as the University Geneva and CERN.
This IPA best practice workshop, led by Geneva Economic Development Office, features the region's foreign direct investment (FDI) strategy and challenges ahead, as well as company CEOs sharing their rationale for investment and growth in this cluster. A 2 hour workshop for 80-100 senior investment promotion officers, from national agencies worldwide. The workshop will consist of 5 presentations focused on government strategic vision for Clean-tech development and FDI attraction as well as stakeholders (private sector, research centers and banking) experiences and lessons learnt, followed by an interactive discussion.
Topics for Discussion
• Geneva's vision for cleantech and its experience in setting up a Cleantech Cluster
• The role of investment promotion and economic development agencies in this process.
• International investment in cleantech and the attraction of Geneva.
• The commercialization of cleantech products.
Expected achievement and outcome
To share the Canton of Geneva's strategy and experience in promoting FDI in cleantech and exchange practices and lessons learned with investment promotion agencies from other parts of the world.
16h05-17h00 Introduction by Moderator and presentations by panel members on: • What are the foundations/requirements for setting up a Cleantech initiative?
• How can local authorities enhance the investment environment for cleantech companies?
• What is the role of investment promotion or economic development agencies in this process?
• How important are international investors for the development of a clean technologies. How to evaluate cleantech?
• Why are companies with green technologies attracted to Geneva?
17h50-17h55 Summing up by moderator
• Mr. Laurent Horvath, OPI Cleantech Geneva Manager.
• Mr. Daniel Chambaz, Director General of Environment, Republic and Canton of Geneva.
• Dr. François Gilardoni, Senior Advisor, FONGIT Cleantech Geneva.
• Mr. Paulo Gazani Jr, Co-Founder & President, VIS Essential Investment. • Mr. Jean-Luc Favre, Director, ABB Sécheron SA.
Mr. Michael Kleiner, Economic Development Officer, Republic and Canton of Geneva.